NCLHD Accreditation Board
The Accreditation Board (Board) contributes to the improvement of public health programs and services throughout North Carolina by defining, endorsing and upholding standards of minimum performance for the state’s local health departments. The Board is the official entity that assigns accreditation status to a local health department participating in the health department accreditation process.
2022 Board Meetings
The board meets two four each year. There are three standing sub-committees that meet as needed.
Board Operational Guidelines
The NCLHD Accreditation Board, established within the North Carolina Institute for Public Health, is composed of 17 members appointed by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services as follows:
- Four county commissioners recommended by the North Carolina Association of County Commissioners
- Four members of a local board of health recommended by the Association of North Carolina Boards of Health
- Three local health directors recommended by the North Carolina Association of Local Health Directors
- Three staff members from the Division of Public Health, Department of Health and Human Services, recommended by the State Health Director
- Three at-large members recommended by the Accreditation Administrator, with consultation of the NCLHD Accreditation Board Chair
Members serve four-year terms and may serve three terms.
Association of N.C. Boards of Health Representatives
Forsyth County Consolidated Human Services Board
Person County Board of Health
N.C. Local Health Director Representatives
John L. Rouse, Jr.
Harnett County Health Department
Accreditation Board Vice
Foothills Health District
N.C. County Commissioner Representatives
Yadkin County Board of County Commissioners
Warren County Board of County Commissioners
Retired, Albemarle Regional Health Services
Associate Dean for Public Health Practice
David Stanley, III
Brunswick County Health and Human Services Director
N.C. Division of Public Health Representatives
Susan Haynes Little
Chief Public Health Nurse, Local Technical Assistance and Training Branch Head
Director of Regulatory and Legal Affairs
Dental Public Health Residency Director and Grants Administrator