New to Accreditation?
Welcome to the North Carolina Local Health Department Accreditation Program. This website contains a wealth of resources to support the NCLHD Accreditation process. If you are new to the process or simply want to learn more about the Program, use the guide below to find the resources you need. If you are not able to find what you are looking for, email us at NCLHDAccreditation@unc.edu.
- To learn more about the overall Accreditation process review the following documents:
- Accreditation Process Flowchart – The flowchart provides a summary of the three main steps of the Accreditation process with links to resources needed for each step.
- Accreditation Process Handbook (pdf) – The handbook provides an overview of the NCLHD Accreditation process, including the history of the Program, enabling legislation and a detailed description of the process.
- Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to general questions about the NCLHD Accreditation Program.
- To learn the roles and responsibilities of all persons and agencies involved with the Accreditation process, along with the most current policies that guide the program, review the NCLHDA Process Operational Guidelines (pdf)
- Access the documents needed to complete the NCLHD Accreditation process including the Health Department Self-Assessment Instrument (HDSAI) and materials needed to prepare for a Site Visit by visiting the Accreditation process documents page.
- Learn when each health department will go through its next accreditation cycle in the Accreditation Schedule.
- Find contact information from Agency Accreditation Coordinators (AACs) across the state by visiting the AAC contact list.
- Learn tips and tricks for accreditation success from local health departments across the state by visiting the Updates and Shared Resources page.